Sunday, January 22, 2012

"No More I'm Done" Writer's Workshop

Writer's Workshop~ the key to independent writing.  But, getting there is another subject.  I love the idea of writer's workshop and when I taught 4th grade it was so easy.  The foundations of writing were already set into place, they knew how to capitalize, punctuate, what are nouns, verbs....etc.  They could read an encyclopedia, use a computer, and follow a rubric......  Writer's workshop ran so smoothly! 

But,  it is another topic in 2nd grade.  I have struggled with the mini workshop ideas and getting the kids to write more than 5 sentences on the same topic. I struggle with teaching the basics to writing.   It is really hard to pin down what is supposed to be taught and when. 

AND THEN...................................
And then I read the wonderful, the amazing book "No More I'm Done" by Jennifer Jacobson.  This book is wonderful-- I cannot say it enough.  Her book is easy to read.  Jennifer gives examples of what good writing looks like, sounds like and feels like.  Which is what we all need to read in order to teach good writing.  This book also provides mini lessons to incorporate into our classrooms!  A whole year of mini lessons!  A WHOLE YEAR!!!  Yeah! 

So if you cannot wait to run to the book store or shop Amazon--  you can check it out for FREE!  Online the WHOLE book!!!

Just click the link below and you can check out the whole book for FREE!



So click the below link to check out the book online- provided by Stenhouse Publisher.

http://www.stenhouse.com/shop/pc/viewprd.asp?idProduct=9196

Check out the book and write and tell me what you think and how you are going to incorporate her ideas into your classroom.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Lizak and Beth Wright said...

I LOVE that book! I read it this summer and it really helped change the way I run my Writer's Workshop :) Have a great day and thanks for sharing!

Lisa :)
Made In The Shade In Second Grade

January 23, 2012 at 4:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love this book too! We spent four years organizing our instruction around the 6 traits and now we are focusing on Calkins' Units of Study. I know No More I'm Done will stand me in good stead for both!!

July 7, 2012 at 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home