Friday, December 30, 2011

Teachers Pay Teachers

If you are like me-- just before a lesson I super google the subject in which I am teaching to see who has a better idea than what I am using.  Did someone come up with a better way to teach the subject?  Does someone have a better resource to introduce the subject?  How else can I differentiate the unit?  Any fun activities to strengthen the needs of my students who need to be challenged? 
A fellow teacher introduced me to Teachers Pay Teachers!  Holy cow!  This is a free website for teachers to sign up.  This site is unbelievable!!  You have to check it out!  There are thousands of FREE resources to download and use immediately in your classroom.  There are also thousands of items that you can pay for.  But here is the best part-- yes-- better than the FREE items!  For all you creative teachers-- you can post your lesson plans, introductory lessons, unit lessons, smart board presentations, PowerPoint, worksheets......etc.  and either offer your lessons for FREE or you can charge other teachers to use your items. 
So don't wait-- get out there and start searching for ideas on this site!  You are guaranteed to find something that you can use!  The site is super easy to navigate!  Have fun and start searching!!

Super Cool Authors & Creators:

Creative Chicky!  (Alot of Free activities for 2nd- 4th grade-- super great literature circle ideas and 2nd grade spelling activities)

Smartboard Smarty (Super terrific smartboard lessons-- I have purchased a lot of second grade interactive math lessons)--  my 2nd graders Just Loved Them!

Racheal Miller~ Really great ideas-- Just love ideas and creativity-- and best of all they are all FREE-- yes-- you read correctly-- she has some really cool Animal Unit Songs, Bingo for long and short vowels, and a really really cute "End of the Year Class Yearbook"  --- I am totally doing this at the end of the year!

Michelle Walker--  Really cute download lessons-- I just love the Symme-tree and Snowflakes-- my 2nd graders loved the math center activities-- a lot of thought went into the lessons!

Deanna Jump--  This lady is AMAZING-- I have purchased SO SO many lessons-- I cannot even decide which one is my favorite!  I will be posting some of her great ideas and how I used them in my classroom later!  She is MY absolute favorite! 

Lisa Rombach-- Love Love her "The Flag" lesson!  A lot of thought went in to this lesson-- very interactive lesson!

Hope King~  Created a Really cute Spooktacular Halloween Math Centers

Rachelle Smith~ Another really creative teacher who created Halloween Unit with Literacy, math and art!

Swimming into Second~  Common Core Standards for Second Grade-- this is fabulous!  I downloaded this and placed in on my webpage for my students and parents-- a really great resource to reference!

Anna Brantley~  Really cute Pirate Fun Math and Literacy Center Packet--  my students had a ball with this one during our annual piracte day at school! 

This is just a few of my favorite authors!  A lot of these authors have FREE items-- some authors offer their items for FREE-- so that they get some followers-- then later on they start charging for their items!  A lot of authors also have webpages-- which is wonderful- then you can follow them and find out when they post items and FREE items!  It is very addiciting-- so watch out!  That is the only warning I have about Teachers Pay Teachers!  Once you start searching it is hard to walk away! 

If you have not signed up-- do it now-- and use this link as a referral:

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Signup?ref=4boybaby

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Rombach said...

Hi Suddenly in Second!
I found your blog when I was doing a google check on my name. Thanks so much for the nice comments about my Flag Smartboard lesson! Soooo sweet of you!! :-) I hope you have a great 2012 -2013 school year!!
Regards,
Lisa

July 22, 2012 at 8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home